How to upgrade your Xubuntu flash drive to 19.04 LTS
Upgrading your Xubuntu flash drive to the newest version of Xubuntu is very simple. Follow the steps carefully, and you can use your new Xubuntu right from the flash drive in Live mode, or you can install it within some minutes.
You can do this with almost every flash drive as well, which is bigger than the freshest Xubuntu installation image.
- Download the official Xubuntu DVD / flash drive image
- Open a terminal as root (use the sudo su command), and attach your flash drive to your computer
- Use the lsblk command to find your flash drive.
Be very careful! If you choose a wrong device, you can delete important data on your compute
- Your flash drive may be mounted on any /dev/sdX
- Use the following command to upload the new image:
dd if=the_image_you_downloaded.iso of=/dev/sdX
owner of HELLOTUX
4 June 2019, 10:28 am (Central European Time)
Be the first who leaves a comment!
Leave a comment!
Notification about the newest free software shirts
We hate spam either, and don't share your personal information with anybody.