- Download the official Linux Mint image.
- Open a terminal as root (use the sudo su command), and attach your flash drive to your computer
- Use the lsblk command to find your flash drive.
Be very careful! If you choose a wrong device, you can delete important data on your compute
- Your flash drive may be mounted on any /dev/sdX
- Use the following command to upload the new image:
dd if=the_image_you_downloaded.iso of=/dev/sdX
We will try not to forget to update this post for the newer Linux Mint versions.